brief history in bullet-points:
- Miss Pain's first rehearsal
ends on Hove beach, screaming at the sea.
- 15 people witness the debut
gig in Worthing.
- Using a mountain of lo-fi junk to realise their flights
of fancy, Miss Pain brave the Brighton scene with their "own brand
of tawdry glamour". They become renowned for promoting themed soirées
(hand-made décor and light refreshments a must).
- For the whole of 2003, Sarah
reads nothing but second-hand Mills & Boon.
- Miss Pain return to Worthing and are greeted with
a hail of pantomime-esque abuse.
- They play more shows than they care to remember, and
the word of Pain spreads far and wide.
- December 2004: debut single 'E.B.F.H./ Campari &
Sex' released. The NME proclaims them "mentally ill", and Steve
Lamacq thinks this is harsh.
- April 2005: 2nd single 'Heartbreaker/Caught My Eye'
released, marrying Mills & Boon with electro-shock pop.
- August 2005: Miss Pain discover a new sideline as
a wedding band, scaring grand-parents and scarring awe-struck children.
- They continue to inspire love and hate where’er
- 2006: More Pain, please!
| site design & content © Miss Pain 2006